Every participant of the 6th Workshop on Compact Steep Spectrum and GHz-Peaked Spectrum Radio Sources is asked to follow the rules below:
- Behave professionally. Harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary comments or jokes are not appropriate. Harassment includes sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, sexual attention or innuendo, deliberate intimidation, stalking, and photography or recording of an individual without consent. It also includes offensive comments related to individual characteristics, for example: age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, nationality or religion.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual or sexist language and imagery is not appropriate.
- Be respectful and do not insult or put down other attendees or facilitators of the event. Critique ideas not people.
- Should a participant witness events of bullying, harassment or aggression, we recommend that they approach the affected person to show support and check how they are. The witness may also wish to suggest that the person report the inappropriate behaviour. However, it is up to the affected person alone whether or not they wish to report it.
- All forms of social media should be used responsibly, respecting both individuals and the organization hosting the meeting. If participants wish to share photos of a speaker on social media, we strongly recommend that they first get the speaker’s permission. Participants may not share the contents of talks/slides via social media until speakers give her/his permission that specific details/slides may be shared.
Participants can report any violation of these guidelines to any member of CSSGPS2020 workshop Local Organizing Committee (LOC) in confidence. If asked to stop inappropriate behaviour participants are expected to comply immediately and, in serious cases, may be asked to leave the event without a refund. TSSOC will not tolerate retaliation against anyone reporting violations of this code of conduct.
Thank you for helping to make the school welcoming for all.